Spanakopita, the Greek Spinach Pie
Spanakopita is a delicious savory Greek pie made of perfectly crispy layers of phyllo dough and a comforting filling of spinach and feta cheese. We are sharing our family's favorite spanakopita recipe. Trust us, this is so much easier to make than you think!
- 2 packets of Filo pastry
- 1kg of fresh spinach washed and dried
- 400g Feta
- 2 bouquet of dill
- 2 bouquet of parsley
- 1 coffee cup of rice
- 1 cup of olive oil and a little bit more for the tray
- Wash the spinach if not washed.
- Dry it and pass it through a spinner.
- Chop the spinach into small bits
- Mix in feta, herbs, olive oil and rice, and mix well all the ingredients.
- Take a large rectangular try and add olive oil at the bottom.
- Take your filo pastry to fit the bottom of the tray and overlap the sire.
- Add the spinach mix.
- Cover with the rest of the pastry after which you open to cook in 200c for 40 minutes at the bottom of the oven.
Sharing is caring
Share with us your Spanakopita moments on your social media by tagging us on Facebook (@amforaoliveoil) and Instagram (@amforahome).